We go shopping quite often in Germany. Besides visiting a new area, I also like to go to my favourite shops which cannot be found here. During our last visit, a month ago, an interesting cake-bread, called ‘Stollen’ , drew my attention. I hesitated for some minutes, thinking should I buy it or not? At the end, I left the shop with the idea of trying to make a sugar-free version at home but I never found the time. This week, while thinking of the Xmas menu, ‘stollen’ came again to my mind so I quickly prepared it. This recipe was a challenge: I wanted it to be full of nuts and dried fruits, but still something different and lighter. Here it is, my raw vegan version of Stollen.
400 ml canned coconut milk
50 gr freshly squeezed lemon juice
100 dry coconut, made flour
50 gr honey(agave, maple syrup for a vegan version)
40 gr cacao butter, melted
40 gr sultanas
30 gr pistachio
40 gr almonds
15 gr goji
1ts lemon zest + orange zest
pinch of vanilla
- Refrigerate one can of full-fat coconut milk overnight. Carefully open up the can: there will be a layer of firm and thick white layer of coconut cream on top. Scoop out this white layer of coconut cream (ca 200 gr) and add it to your mixer bowl. (Save the coconut water for another f.e.smoothies).
- Add the coconut flour, the honey(agave, maple syrup for a vegan version), the cacao butter and the lemon juice to the coconut cream and mix it well to get a smooth cream. Yo may need to stop your mixer and scrap down the sides.
- Pour the cream into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients and mix using a spoon.
- Pour the composition into a mold, lined with paper/plastic wrap, and with your fingers, give to your cake a ‘stollen’ top.
- Put it in your freezer for 2H.
You can keep it in the fridge. Before serving, drizzle some cacao powder over and/or some coconut powder.
13 Comments Add yours
It looks yummy and xmassy 🙂 Bravo Natalia!
Arata foarte festiv! Cred ca este si foarte bun! Iti urez un Craciun fericit, Natalia! Toate cele bune!
Craciun Fericit, Camelia! Te imbratisez cu drag!
Oh, ce minunatie! 🙂 Craciun fericit, Natalia! ❤
Craciun Fericit, draga Teo! te pup cu drag!
Ooh, that looks good! I am amazed by your creativity with raw and vegan food.
Happy holidays! 🙂
Foarte frumos arată Stollen vegetarian, Crăciun fericit dragă Natalia, te pup !
Quelle bonne idée! Ce ne sont pas les condiments classiques d un stollen, mais la base de “pâte” est super rusée et très interessante! J ai bien envie d essayer. J adore le stolllen, mais je n en mange plus a cause de sa haute teneur en sucre et graisses de mauvaise qualité. Merci de ta recette! Et bonne année!
Totally amazing Nat, as always. My sister makes the traditional stollen, I should tell her to check out your version.
It must taste incredible with all that coconut and it looks so beautiful. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.
Oh, I love everything about this cake! I’ll make it this weekend for friends. Merry Christmas Natalia xx
Reblogged this on d'liteful cravings.
Why do people call honey or agave-sweetened foods “sugar-free”? It’s absurd. It’s definitely sugar, and fructose is even worse (possibly much worse) for you than normal sugar.